Project Management Assistant
Are you an experienced Project Management Assistant / Senior Project Coordinator? Do you have a high degree of diligence and professionalism? Do you have a keen eye for detail, a determined approach and be capable of working both independently and within a team?
Cambridge Consultants is a world-class supplier of innovative product development engineering and technology consulting, and we are currently looking for a Project Management Assistant to join our Industrial, Consumer and Energy division.
Our Programme Managers work across the whole product development cycle, from product strategy and front end concept generation, through technical feasibility and detailed design, through to transferring the idea to manufacture. The reason our clients come to us is because we are able to structure and deliver complex projects that create a step change in performance, where technical innovation is the only way to achieve their commercial goals.
The main purpose of the job is to be the Programme Manager’s trusted partner in delivering Cambridge Consultants most complex and high value projects, resulting in exceptional innovation and client satisfaction.
In this busy and demanding role, you will become a member of an established and experienced global programme management team, responsible for the delivery of a wide range of exciting projects. The role of Project Management Assistant is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual and is intrinsic to the successful delivery of the overall programme.
Stakeholder Management and Coordination:
- Liaise with the project team, clients and suppliers to arrange meetings and chase actions
- Ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time
- Provide a point of contact internally and externally
Planning, Resourcing and Tracking:
- Plan and monitor project schedules and resources
- Track project costs vs budget and progress against baseline and forecast
- Liaise with management to deliver appropriate resources based on the needs of the project
- Take a leading role in the creation and maintenance of project documentation, ensuring compliance with development processes, regulatory requirements and client needs
- Facilitate lessons learned sessions upon project closure
Finance and Legal:
As the main project interface into the Finance and Legal teams, you will;
- Support the definition of contractual requirements
- Manage project invoice and payment schedules
- Ensure project expenditure is correctly allocated and adheres to plan
- Instigate formal project opening, project extensions and project closure
- Manage Non-disclosure agreements
As a pivotal member of the project management team, you will have understanding of all facets of the project. You will be responsible for;
- First level issue resolution - manage low level issues effectively and escalate those issues requiring Programme Management leadership
- Issue logging and tracking
- Attending and taking minutes at technical project meetings - internal and client facing
- Preparation of weekly progress reports for clients
You will have established relationships across the business and will work closely with critical project support functions, including;
- The Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) department to create and maintain project safety management plans
- The Quality department to ensure projects remain fully compliant, assisting in corrective action implementation when required
Coordination of large sales teams to ensure the successful and timely delivery of client proposals, including;
- Tailoring CVs
- Collating sales information
- Initial project planning and costing
- Documentation preparation
This role may require a limited amount of travel but is primarily based within the Cambridge (UK) office. It is a full time, permanent vacancy.
- Have significant experience of working in a similar role within a project delivery environment
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of project management principles
- Have previous experience of working with financial systems, reporting tools and the application of a budget tracking system
- Have a high level of numeracy, literacy and be able to generate high quality reporting
- Possess an advanced knowledge of MS tools, including Word, Excel and Project
- Be comfortable in liaising with members of staff of all levels of seniority, both internally and in a client-facing environment