Senior Business Developer – Digital Services
- Do you think about digital services that should be added to products that add real value to the consumer experience while creating ongoing relationships with the product brand and a recurring revenue stream?
- Are you visionary in “seeing” service models and product use cases that may not exist today?
- Do you view Digital Innovation and the IoT as limitless growth opportunities?
We’re looking for a seasoned Business Development leader, with a track record of success in consultative selling and an understanding of service models. Someone who can make a significant contribution to the overall direction of development projects.
TYPE OF WORK
We work on client projects as a team, providing the feel of working in a start-up, but with the support of a successful company. Business development (BD) here is more than just sales – our BD’s stay part of the team throughout projects. In this role, you will build a substantial professional fee-for-service consulting and technology design & development business for a business line focused on: digital services, telecoms & mobile, wireless communications, and/or professional radio capabilities.
From your engagement with potential clients while working with world class technologists, this is an entrepreneurial role requiring a passion for disruptive digital service development and the use of state of the art technology to deliver business impact in a range of markets. Your understanding of such services and commercial business experience will enable you to be trusted by clients and internal teams to guide the creation of valuable propositions to close deals.
You will work on cutting edge large scale multidisciplinary programs such as these:
Case Study: Ocado smart platform
Case Study: Iridium extreme satellite phone
It’s so interesting to work at Cambridge Consultants because no two days are the same working on some of the most complex engineering challenges ever undertaken, and the learning is continual as we work with some the world’s most amazing companies as trusted inside partners.
DAY TO DAY
As a Business Developer within the Wireless and Digital Services Division (WDS), you will take a leading role in our Digital Services business. You will be responsible for identifying potential clients, developing trusting client relationships, identifying sales opportunities and defining strategies to address these, along with key client management and contract negotiations leading to sales success.
Our work in this sector includes:
- Consultative work to assist clients to identify strategy for digital services (answering questions like: what threats and opportunities does digital innovation present, and what could we do and what should we do about these?)
- Development of cutting edge services that complement the product and technology offerings of our clients
- Working alongside world class project managers and technical leads with state-of-the-art labs, you will take commercial responsibility for the delivery of successful projects to our clients.
- Raising awareness of the value of the professional services that Cambridge Consultants can deliver in the digital services space
- Identifying and engaging with companies that are potential clients for Cambridge Consultants
- Working with and guiding our technical teams to create valuable propositions for clients, and maximizing sales conversion
- You will be responsible for developing business in the digital services domain working alongside other business development, project management and technical staff
- Actively utilizing market information to guide the technical team to inform strategy and internal investments
- Interacting with teams across diverse markets, and technical teams from across the whole of Cambridge Consultants' 750 strong R&D staff
You will be encouraged to seek new business opportunities through your industry contacts and to identify and manage internal investments to create valuable new IP which may lead to new client work or even the chance to participate in a spin-out venture.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Established professional experience in relevant positions or industries
- Experience and a track-record of innovative service design and development within the digital services sector including complex, high-value, technical sales / business development
- A STEM degree in an appropriate technical field
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Track record of closing substantial sales
- Market knowledge of web-scale internet/cloud services, IoT connectivity technology, and potentially AI technology
- Existing senior relationships within the digital services sector
- Experience of taking products or services through the full development cycle
- Supplementary commercial qualifications, graduate or MBA degree