Senior Engineer (Medical Devices)
This engineering position encompasses creativity, theoretical analysis and technical development. It will involve taking a lead role in multidisciplinary teams to solve complex engineering problems in the medical devices space. A background in the medical devices industry (or equivalent academic experience) is highly desirable, alongside a degree in a relevant subject such as mechanical or biomedical engineering.
The Analytical Engineering group brings together a diverse skill-set in areas such as mechanical design, fluid mechanics, algorithm development, and biomedical engineering. You will participate in, or lead, a wide range of challenging development tasks from early-stage concept generation, through proof-of-principle demonstration, theoretical analysis and design, design-for-manufacture, to engineering verification and testing.
You will work with engineers across the company, both within your discipline and outside of it, adapting to the needs of our projects and clients. You will have the opportunity to create exciting cutting-edge technology in areas such as diagnostics, drug delivery, surgical and acute care, and digital health.
- Collaboration with engineers and designers from a range of backgrounds, and leadership of teams of engineers within your discipline
- Driving the generation and detailed development of innovative concepts
- Mentoring of more junior engineers
- Working across multiple projects and teams to deliver exceptional service to our clients, while adhering to tight timescales and budgets
- Presenting results, concepts, proposals and engineering recommendations to clients in a clear and professional manner
- Preparing technical reports and producing high-quality documentation
- Managing tasks within projects requiring delivery within tight timescales and budgets, managing both internal and external resources
- An excellent degree in engineering, with a focus on mechanical, biomedical or similar specialisms
- Experience working in the medical devices industry or a closely-related field
- A solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles
- Ability to work with and lead teams of engineers from different disciplines to design and implement detailed engineering solutions
- Good creativity, imagination and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on experience of 3D CAD tools, preferably Pro-Engineer and / or SolidWorks
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques
- Team leadership or project management experience
- Client-facing experience
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.