Business Development Manager - Consumer Products and Services
Cambridge Consultants works extensively in the consumer product development space and we are looking for the right commercial person to join this team in the role of a business developer. Delivering the high level of consumer experience demanded by our clients often involves the development of complex distributed systems linking sophisticated backend services with low power, highly integrated electronic devices. The Cambridge Consultants group has great technology and a track record in these technologies and relevant markets.
Day-to-day you could be working on planning for a marketing event, pitching to a new contact, presenting a proposal, negotiating a contract, delivering an awesome project with the team or directing technology investments at Cambridge Consultants aimed at ensuring we remain at the top of our game.
We offer a diverse, fun and challenging work environment where you'll have the chance to shape the strategy of the business, and work with a wide variety of projects and with many different skill sets.
Our Consumer Electronics business is focused on the audio, wearable, gaming, wellness and sports & fitness sectors. You will identify and convert new clients and develop existing client accounts. This will involve:
Working as part of a dynamic team of other business developers, programme and technical leads and together presenting the best and most relevant proposals to our clients.
Involvement in converted projects to act as the client’s voice for the team, be contractually responsible to CC for the delivery of the project, and achieve the best position for us to win follow on work and to grow the client account.
Developing a marketing strategy and providing thought leadership to enable us to grow our business in this sector through building new contacts and demonstrating market relevance, through whichever avenues and methods are appropriate for this sector.
Working as part of the broader business development team to plan strategic growth of our overall business.
You will be an experienced business development or product management professional who has demonstrated commercial impact and ability to successfully generate and close business. This will be evidenced by your:
- Passion for technology
- Proven ability and track record of success in growing and developing accounts within the Consumer sector
- Experience of creating products consumers buy and which are sold in volume
- Experience working in a technology based product environment – an ability to work well with technologists including software engineers (embedded and server), mechanical designers, electronics engineers as well as mathematicians and physicists
- Connected system experience - you will have worked on wirelessly connected systems
- Professional services experience -either through working for a professional services company, or through engaging with technology/engineering focussed professional services organisations
- Technical background e.g. technical education and/or experience in a technical product development environment
- Contract negotiation experience
- Account management experience
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.