Diagnostics Device development - Business Development Manager
Due to phenomenal growth over the past 4 years we’re offering a fantastic opportunity to combine your technical, commercial and solution thinking skills with your desire to work as part of a world leading business. You will be responsible for;
- Identifying and building relationships with new clients and enhancing the relationship with existing clients.
- Building a substantial fee-for-service design and development business in the Clinical Diagnostics/Life Science Device sector
- Working with world-class technologists to define projects, develop proposals and respond to RFP’s etc.
- Monitoring trends in the Diagnostics market and contributing to developing the strategy and focus for future business
This role will combine your passion for product development and technology with your deep understanding of the Diagnostics market place.
You will work with the Head of Business Development for Cambridge Consultants’ Clinical Diagnostics business to execute the current strategy. You will be expected to delivery against agreed revenue targets (either from new or existing clients) and to participate in events, marketing campaigns and other activities to promote Cambridge Consultants and win more business.
Type of work undertaken by the Medical Technology Division
We develop innovative complex, multi-disciplinary medical devices and equipment from concept through prototyping to manufacture to transfer to production. Projects often include considerable technical challenge and thus require Business Developers to be able to “translate” this capability into messages which meets the clients’ needs. The Division undertakes development projects in the three focus areas of:
- Clinical Diagnostics Devices
- Drug delivery systems
- Surgical products and medical systems
We combine highly creative lateral thinking with excellent technical skills and broad industry experience to form powerful development teams. Our work ranges from complete product developments to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes.
The group undertakes both client funded and internally funded projects. In this role you will have the opportunity to participate in proposing and running internally funded projects.
You will be responsible for supporting all aspects of Business Development for our Clinical Diagnostics business. You will:
- Prospect and identify companies that are potential clients for Cambridge Consultants
- Develop strong commercial relationships with senior executives in potential client companies
- Personally identify, manage and close substantial sales
- Work with our technical teams in Cambridge UK and Boston USA to maximize sales conversion
- Present and exhibit at events globally
- Feed back market information to the technical teams to support product and service development
Interact with teams across the broad technical base of Cambridge Consultants which includes:
- Life sciences
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Synthetic Biology
- Digital Health
- Market research
- Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Optics, Fluidics)
- Product design (Human Factors, Industrial and User Experience)
- Regulatory affairs
- Manufacturing technology
- Process automation
You will also use your strong commercial and technical skills to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of development projects, often working on more than one concurrently. You’ll be expected to be able to work both individually and as part of a team.
This position will be based in our Cambridge UK office, however the successful applicant will need to support our clients and business on a global basis spanning the North American, European and South East Asian markets. The applicant should expect regular domestic and international travel.
To meet the demanding requirements of this role you will be able to provide the following:
- Proven success in developing business in the Clinical Diagnostics or Life Science sector with substantial contract values
- Able to work independently to identify the sales opportunity but also able to build a delivery team around them to win the sale
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to take complex technical solutions and present them to non-technical commercial buyers
- Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences, in the physical sciences or a relevant engineering discipline
The following experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Already working in a similar role
- Product management experience
- Has developed a diagnostics platform with an external product design consultancy
- Molecular Diagnostics, Point of Care diagnostics and Liquid biopsy
- Oncology, infectious diseases, Ophthalmic Diagnostics