Telecoms Technology Strategy Consultant - 2018 Graduate
Do you have an interest in the commercial drivers that make technology succeed or fail?
Are you interested in emerging technologies and trends, and fascinated by the potential impact of technology in the future?
If so, join us as a Graduate Telecoms Technology Strategy Consultant, in a supportive and immersive environment where you’ll be working with clients to shape corporate, technology and operational strategy.
This is a graduate role with a 2018 start date.
*NO AGENCIES PLEASE*
Main purpose of the job
Working in multidisciplinary teams of engineers and consultants you will contribute to projects developing high impact solutions for clients across a broad range of sectors. This will include:
- Delivering technology strategy consulting projects to clients
- Analysis of information, data and trends to develop strategic insight for clients
- Technical and commercial modelling of solutions, architectures and networks
- Supporting the development of propositions, market insight and other collateral
Type of work undertaken by Division/Group
Cambridge Consultants is a world leader in wireless communication technologies, with one of the largest independent wireless development teams in the world. The division works across the entire wireless landscape: from high volume consumer applications, such as portable internet-based devices, through to professional high-performance systems, including the air traffic control radios used to govern US airspace. The markets that we address include cellular and telecommunications, healthcare, industrial, satellite, consumer and automotive.
The Technology Strategy Group provides services to clients at the interface between technology and the commercial challenges of business. Our work includes strategically important advice such as investment support, competitor analysis, technology road-mapping and high-level systems engineering. The breadth of our activities in wireless and digital services development and depth of technical capability provides a powerful differentiator for our consultancy services.
As a Telecoms Technology Strategy Consultant you will make a valuable contribution to projects developing high impact solutions for clients across a broad range of sectors. You will actively support the sale and drive delivery of client engagements as well as contributing to on-going account development.
Specific responsibilities are likely to include:
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis for clients
- Desk-based research and analysis of markets, trends and needs for technology
- Interview commercial, technical and operational opinion leaders
- Summarise findings through report writing and presentations
- An excellent degree (2:1 or 1st class) in an engineering or related scientific discipline
- Demonstrable ability to distil results and draw meaningful conclusions from data
- Excellent team working skills
- A well organised and structured approach to problem solving
- Interest in, and awareness of the wireless and telecommunications sector and its technology
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Passion for technology and innovation
Experience of IP landscaping or technology road mapping would also be beneficial. Any relevant experience gained through an internship in a similar role would be advantageous.