Senior Business Developer – Telecoms & Mobile
- Do you think about how/whether Telecoms & Mobile technology should be added to products to add real value to the consumer experience, while creating ongoing value and relationships with the product brand and a recurring revenue stream?
- Are you visionary in “seeing” service models and product use cases that may not exist today?
- Do you view digital innovation coupled with cellular technologies with limitless growth?
- Do you have a track record of success in business development of consultative selling and understanding of the telecoms industry?
- Do you want to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of development projects?
- Do you want to use your strong commercial experience to communicate what Cambridge Consultants can deliver to potential clients?
TYPE OF WORK
We work on client projects as a team, providing the feel of working in a start-up, but with the support of a successful company. Business development (BD) here is more than just sales – our BD’s stay part of the team throughout projects. In helping our clients, you can really make a difference being part of the solution, and you’ll have the freedom and support to drive business success.
You will carve out and have responsibility for building a substantial professional fee-for-service consulting and technology design & development business on our team covering telecoms & mobile, digital services, wireless communications, and/or professional radio capabilities.
This is an entrepreneurial role which requires a passion for disruptive Telecoms & Mobile development and the use of state of the art technology to deliver business impact in a range of markets. Your understanding of such technologies and your commercial business experience will enable you to be trusted by clients and internal teams to guide the creation of valuable propositions and to close deals. You will work on cool programs such as:
Case Study: Iridium extreme satellite phone
Case Study: Park Air
And it’s so interesting to work at Cambridge Consultants because no two days are the same, the learning is continual and you will work with some the world’s most amazing companies as trusted inside partners.
DAY TO DAY
As a Business Developer within the Wireless and Digital Services Division (WDS), you will take a leading role in our Telecoms & Mobile business. You will be responsible for identifying potential clients, developing trusting client relationships, identifying sales opportunities and defining strategies to address these, along with key client management and contract negotiations leading to sales success.
Our work in this sector includes:
- Helping to raise awareness of the value of the services that Cambridge Consultants can deliver in the Telecoms and Mobile vertical
- Developing strong and trusting relationships with senior executives in client and potential client companies
- Development of cutting edge services that complement the product and technology offerings of our clients
- New hardware and software design on large-scale multidisciplinary projects, up to and including some of the most complex engineering challenges ever undertaken.
- Working alongside world class project managers and technical leads with state-of-the-art labs, you will take commercial responsibility for the delivery of successful projects to our clients.
- Raising awareness of the value of the professional services that Cambridge Consultants can deliver in the Telecoms & Mobile space
- Identifying and engaging with companies that are potential clients for Cambridge Consultants
- Actively utilizing market information to guide the technical team to inform strategy and internal investments
- Interacting with teams across diverse markets, and technical teams from across the whole of Cambridge Consultants' 750 strong R&D staff
You will be encouraged to seek new business opportunities through your industry contacts, and the successful applicant will be a talented, ambitious and entrepreneurial individual with a desire to create and lead new business activities.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Established professional experience in a relevant positions or industries
- Substantial experience and a track-record of technology design and development within the mobile, telecoms or other professional radio sectors (semiconductor, equipment vendor, operator etc.)
- Ability to develop business in the telecoms & mobile domain working alongside other business development, project management and technical staff
- Existing senior relationships within the mobile telecoms or professional radio sector is highly desirable
- Experience of complex, high-value, technical sales / business development
- A degree in an appropriate technical subject
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Personally, close substantial sales
- Market knowledge of existing wireless technology (2G/3G/4G/5G cellular, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, virtualisation, as well as critical communications and custom radio solutions)
- Market knowledge of web-scale internet/cloud services, IoT connectivity technology, and potentially AI technology desired
- Experience of taking products or services through the full development cycle is highly desirable