Embedded Senior Software Engineer
Asymptote, a recent addition to the GE Life Sciences Group, combines world leading research into the science of cell freezing with engineering expertise to create pioneering cryochain technology for advanced and ground-breaking medicines. Our portfolio of innovative products helps to preserve cells during cryogenic processing of cellular therapies – their freezing, shipping and thawing – to support our customers’ work to improve healthcare and patient outcomes throughout the world.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to help us develop, introduce, and maintain new products in the Cell Therapy field. This role requires a versatile, driven software engineer who enjoys applying their problem-solving prowess to tackle challenges encountered when delivering new classes of products to an exciting area. You will be working within a tight knit multidisciplinary team, encompassing Physicists, Mechanical and Electronic Engineers and Industrial Designers.
- The successful candidate will;
- Bring together development kits and peripherals to develop prototype products.
- Help design and implement new products, liaising with our electronics engineers to create final designs.
- Aid discussions with product managers to fully understand and specify different product requirements
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or similar numerate degree
- Understanding of C, C++ or similar
- Proven problem solving ability
- Experience of bringing up new hardware
- Thorough understanding of the use in C and C++ in an embedded, real-time, resource constrained device
- Some experience writing software for embedded systems
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally medical devices
- Knowledge of Unix-based operating systems and the GCC tool chain