Embedded Software Student Placement – 2019 / 2020
eg technology is a product development consultancy that has grown steadily since being founded in 2002.
We are successful because we form deep relationships with our clients, understanding their needs and the ways in which we can best help them to transform ideas into successful products. eg don’t just come up with good ideas – we deliver real products based on innovation. We develop products across a wide range of technology sectors with the common goal of making a real impact on people’s lives.
At eg technology, it’s all about working together as a team; we share our ideas, expertise and knowledge to ensure that everyone can contribute to a project, whilst also feeling supported in a relaxed and enjoyable working environment.
We are offering a one-year, paid internship placement to students as the ‘year in industry’ part of their degree course. We ensure our interns are given the high level of support, mentoring, direction and feedback that they need to advance their skills and broaden their knowledge.
Our interns work on interesting and challenging projects across different teams and disciplines to ensure a full and in-depth experience, helping them to secure future employment.
CVs will be accepted up until 1st February 2019 for a summer start.
Embedded electronics and software design, implementation, prototyping and transfer to manufacture work as required for consultancy projects.
Embedded systems development will be done in accordance with industry standards and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
This role requires a logical thinker who demonstrates:
- Basic experience of, or interest in, Analogue and Digital Electronics at component level, including input signal conditioning and conversion, power supplies, communication bus interfaces, output drivers and peripheral interfacing, and use of simulation tools to create innovative and practical solutions to challenging problems.
- An interest in embedded software development using C, Python or assembler to control hardware.
- Basic experience of programming for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS or in embedded environments.
- A hands-on ability to assemble electronic components and mechanical devices to run embedded software.
- A basic understanding of, or interest in, developing embedded systems using the principles of Software Engineering, including specification and verification within the full software development life-cycle. Experience with software engineering tools, such as issue trackers and source code control, are a bonus.
- An ambition to work in embedded design for manufacture of medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology, laboratory or test equipment.
- An ability to communicate ideas, concepts and designs, and contribute to design reviews.
- The ability to manage your own time and tasks within projects to time and budget restraints.
- A willingness to learn about current legislation and harmonised standards applicable to our client’s projects. eg MDR, IVDR, ISO 14971, ISO 13485, IEC 60601, IEC 61010, IEC 62304.
Please email a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for eg technology together with your CV by 1st February 2019.