Mechanical / Industrial Design Student Placement – 2019 / 2020
eg technology is a product development consultancy that has grown steadily since being founded in 2002.
We are successful because we form deep relationships with our clients, understanding their needs and the ways in which we can best help them to transform ideas into successful products. eg don’t just come up with good ideas – we deliver real products based on innovation. We develop products across a wide range of technology sectors with the common goal of making a real impact on people’s lives.
At eg technology, it’s all about working together as a team; we share our ideas, expertise and knowledge to ensure that everyone can contribute to a project, whilst also feeling supported in a relaxed and enjoyable working environment.
We are offering a one-year, paid internship placement to students as the ‘year in industry’ part of their degree course. We ensure our interns are given the high level of support, mentoring, direction and feedback that they need to advance their skills and broaden their knowledge.
Our interns work on interesting and challenging projects across different teams and disciplines to ensure a full and in-depth experience, helping them to secure future employment.
CVs will be accepted up until 1st February 2019 for a summer start.
To support aesthetic development, concept development, detail design, prototyping and transfer to manufacture work as required for individual projects.
Undertaking mechanical & industrial design, working within an ISO13485 quality management system.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- A flair for creating innovative, practical solutions to challenging problems and functional requirements.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Basic use of SolidWorks, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office skills.
- An interest and understanding of concept development, detail design and design for manufacture in medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology and laboratory and test equipment.
- Presentation and communication skills showcasing the ability to communicate ideas and concepts through sketches and personal interaction.
- The basic skills to plan and manage own time and tasks within project time and budget constraints.
- An interest in or understanding of designing products with physical requirements, such as IP ratings, stress/strain/shock loading requirements, fluid flow, thermal management, etc.
- An interest or basic understanding of designing with compliance to current industry legislation and harmonised standards applicable to projects.
- A proactive and rational approach to the management of ambiguity and uncertainty in projects and technology.
- An open attitude to working in a peer-review culture of project and design work.
Please email a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for eg technology, together with your CV and PDF or link to a portfolio by 1st February 2019.