Full Stack Python Intern
About Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG):
We are a leading precision medicine start-up, creating intelligent software to enable
oncologists to monitor response to cancer therapy in near real-time. Our team uses applied
bioinformatics, machine learning, genomics, and the experience of our associated
oncologists and surgeons to bring low invasive ‘liquid biopsies’ to cancer clinics worldwide.
We are deep in the stages of R&D with clinical partnerships in California, the UK and
Singapore, where we are working to understand the clinical consequences of tumour
evolution during treatment. We have completed two tranches of fundraising; first from a
large Cancer Centre and the prestigious Y Combinator accelerator program and later by top
UK and Silicon Valley investors, and are now focused on growing quickly.
People who join us range from academics at leading research labs at the Universities of
Oxford and Cambridge (and others) to ambitious young developers and machine learning
engineers. Joining CCG means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people
that share our vision of pioneering an industry. Work at CCG is incredibly varied and we
challenge ourselves daily. We work all over the world and often travel and socialize
together. You’ll often find us chatting through interesting problems over a coffee or beer.
We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, supportive and stimulating company
team culture, who like to overcome challenges and drive the company forwards.
About the role:
We are looking for an individual to join our brilliant AI Team. If you are interested in writing
beautiful and functional python code, like to deploy useful infrastructures, and have an
interest in Machine Learning Algorithms, this internship is for you! You will write useful
pieces of software for our research team. As well as deploying and playing with cutting edge
Machine Learning frameworks and infrastructures such as Horovod, Databricks, Pythorch,
Jupyter Servers, etc. We are looking forward to seeing you in the team!
- ~ 2 years of programming experience with Python
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Desire to learn more about biology and genomics
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines
- Good communication to both technical and non-technical team members
- Willing to learn and be open to criticism
- Experience with HTTP REST, SQL, NoSQL, Kubernetis, Horovod or similar.
- Experience with signal processing and pipeline automation.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Working knowledge of versioning systems such as Git
- Experience in scalable cloud platforms (AWS)
- Knowledge of statistical tests and modelling
- Test driven development
- R programming
- Experience with Docker, Linux, Unittest, image processing
£1666.67 per month for 3 months
Other benefits include:
- Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field
- Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team
- Inclusive company culture
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Additional employee benefits
As a team, we are committed to working together to positively impact the daily lives of
cancer patients. We enjoy solving complex problems, thinking around corners and bouncing
forwards through learning. Most of all we care about each other and the mission we're on
together. We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and
how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any
one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or your
secret aversion to cucumber water. All you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our
mission. Experience in cancer biology and biotechnology are not required – all you need is a
passion and a desire to be part of our mission.
Preferred start date: negotiable
Duration: 3 months
Location: Cambridge, UK