Machine Learning Developer (KTP Associate)
In partnership with The University of Essex, we are offering an exciting opportunity to create a computationally efficient, testable, embedded intelligence platform for versatile deployment in IoT Networks.
Utilising intelligence and adaptability in data processing, this platform will need to be capable of filtering data receive to only transmit “useful” data.
This post is fixed term for 36 months and is based at Plextek Ltd’s offices in Great Chesterford, Essex.
The role requires all-round software development skills with emphasis on the utilisation of explainable artificial intelligence and associated technologies in Internet of Things applications.
You should have a technical degree or equivalent from a good university. You should be comfortable developing software for a variety of platforms.
Duties of the post, including but not limited to:
- Deep dive data alongside the project team
- Design and develop embedded systems to integrate with Plextek product to realise efficient Internet of Things networks
- Develop adaptive explainable AI models based on fuzzy logic systems which can learn from data to optimise the operations of the involved embedded systems
- Conduct continual iterative testing and refinement of these models
- Working with the project team, design and build software which will enhance the current Plextek suite of products
- At all stages, ensure that skills brought to and developed by the project are transferred to Plextek’s existing skills base by conducting training exercises
- Be an enthusiastic team player, but be able to work independently
- Be prepared to learn new skills quickly in order to react to changing demands
- Have good communications skills
- Have good organisation skills
The ideal candidate will have the following areas of domain experience:
- BSc or Higher in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Physics
- High level knowledge and experience of computational intelligence and fuzzy logic
- Experience of embedded systems programming
- Experience of Java, C or C++ programming
In return, we can offer a competitive package and an environment that will stimulate and challenge you to be your best.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve, HMG security clearance up to at least SC level.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) are a unique UK-wide activity that help businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity by making better use of the knowledge, technology and skills within universities, colleges and research organisations.
As a KTP Associate, the position offers the following unique benefits:
- A personal development budget of £6,000 (GBP)(exclusive of salary)
- Management training and mentoring by an Innovate UK KTP Adviser
- An interesting and challenging role, with exposure to a variety of stakeholders
- Full access to The University of Essex resources to complete the project
- World-leading Academic and Company project supervision, with project support by a dedicated, sector leading KTP Office
Plextek provides unique solutions for our customers by solving today’s hardest engineering problems in sensing, data collection & communications. Our customers span a wide range of markets including healthcare, defence, internet of things, security and automotive.
Based just south of Cambridge, we have easy road and rail routes to the vibrant city centre. We provide a friendly and supportive working environment, including a calendar of regular social events in which to unwind.