Mechanical Assembly Technician
This is a Fixed Term Contract for 9 months.
TTP Labtech is a global supplier of innovative products for accelerating drug development, combining the best science with first-rate engineering. We design and manufacture a wide range of low volume liquid handling equipment, sample management systems and fluorescence detection instruments addressing high growth markets in genomics, structural biology and drug discovery. TTP Labtech enjoys an enviable reputation for innovation, reliability and quality and is executing a bold strategy to deliver growth organically and through acquisition.
- Mechanical assembly of electro-mechanical products covering the whole range from simple sub-assemblies to final machine integration.
- Working to build instructions to produce work of consistent high quality
- Sub-assembly testing and recording of results
- Keeping build records for work undertaken
- Working within a team to achieve business deadlines
- Participation in team meetings as required, including daily start-up meetings
- Working with Manufacturing and Development engineers to improve build quality and efficiency
- Proven experience of mechanical assembly, ideally in a machine build environment
- Good team worker
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work conscientiously with minimum supervision
- Experience of brazing, soldering and refrigeration systems an advantage
- Would suit an entry level technician looking to improve their skills
TTP Labtech is based on the Melbourn Science Park, a short commute from Cambridge, Royston and the surrounding areas. There are excellent cycle, train, road and airport connections.
We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including: Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, generous Pension Plan, Profit Share and relocation packages as well as great facilities and discounted local swimming, squash and gym memberships; there are also social running and football teams to participate in.