Geological Collections Assistant – Cambridge
The British Antarctic Survey (BAS) is looking for a Geological Collections Assistant with experience of working in Earth Science storage facilities to join the Research Development & Support (ReDS) team.
The successful candidate will assist the Geological Collections Manager with the review of current holdings, cataloguing and archiving of samples and entering data into the Geological collections database.
To assist the Geological Collections Manager with rationalising specimen storage, cataloguing and archiving specimens, and maintaining the Geological Collections Database.
Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences
• Assist with processing and cataloguing backlog and new geological collections.
• Assist with archiving and storing of geological specimens.
• Assist with curating the collections by labelling and physically organising the collections to make specimens more accessible.
• Create and edit specimen level data records into the Geological Collections Database.
• Undertake any other duties as requested by the Director of BAS.
Please quote reference: BAS 45/19
Closing date for receipt of application forms is: 28th April 2019
Interview date: 15th May 2019
Proposed start date: As soon as possible
BAS is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and promoting equality in careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and have an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme of activity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. People from ethnic minorities and disabled people are currently under-represented and their applications are particularly welcome. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the job. We are open to a range of flexible working options including part-time or full-time employment as well as flexible hours due to caring or other commitments.