Executive Assistant to CEO (Maternity Cover)
The CEO is the co-founder of Redgate, the majority shareholder of the business, a member of the board and of the executive team. He has responsibility for the overall performance of the business, which has 320 employees and 3 (nearly 4!) offices worldwide. He has four direct reports, who are all members of the executive team and who each oversee a division of Redgate.
A Redgate EA’s most important job is to make their manager as effective and efficient as possible. As EA to the CEO you’ll optimise his time through rigorous diary management, as well as being responsible for planning, coordinating, and minuting key meetings. You’ll draft a substantial amount of correspondence such as blog posts and emails, as well as board reports and discussion papers. This is a huge part of the role so your writing skills will need to be top notch! Most importantly, you’ll act as a thinking partner; providing a sounding board for the CEO’s ideas and asking critical questions to challenge his thinking. You’ll keep the CEO focused on getting the right things done.
In addition to this, you’ll support the Chairman with the scheduling and organisation of board meetings, you’ll book extensive travel for the CEO (and other board members as needed) and pick up other projects or ad-hoc tasks. You’ll gain fantastic insight into how a business like Redgate is run from the very top down.
You’ll also provide some support for a number of smaller investments in which the CEO is involved, and give personal assistance to him and his family.
As well as working closely with the CEO, his reports, board and investments you’ll also be a member of Redgate’s friendly, close-knit PA team, working collaboratively with other EA/PAs across the company to do what’s best for Redgate and help maximise efficiency in all areas.
Being an EA at Redgate isn’t just about diary management and meeting minutes – it’s about working in total trust and harmony with the managers you support as a high-functioning team. If the thought of playing an integral part in key company initiatives and the opportunity to help drive the company forward sound exciting, this might just be the job for you!
Red Gate is a software provider – we aspire to be the best place you’ve ever worked. To apply, simply upload your CV and covering letter or get in touch with email@example.com if you’d like to talk to us first.
What makes you Red Gate’s next PA?
- Ideally a graduate in Arts or Humanities, OR you have proven experience of confident, long-form writing
- An excellent communicator, with an exemplary command of written English
- Either you’re an experienced EA or you can demonstrate that you are highly efficient, with outstanding organisational skills
- Skilled at rapport- and relationship-building at all levels, and able to build trust and respect quickly
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at short notice
- Able to work autonomously, delegate, and prioritise your own workload
- Able to question and challenge others and to flex your own working style when needed
- Trustworthy and aware of the need for confidentiality
- A team player who can actively contribute to the PA team and support other team members as needed
- Solution-orientated, proactive and productive
- Comfortable with transparency and confidentiality
- Experienced in using MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Google docs
What would help?
- Experience of providing support at board level is desirable
- Ability to critique and adapt your own writing style to suit the CEO
What’s the package?
- A great benefits package
- You’ll work about 40 hours a week, with flexible work time.