Sessions are run at our premises in Cambridge, but can also be held at your workplace or as virtual sessions.
Microsoft Excel is a widely used, powerful spreadsheet package. The primary objective of this half day Getting Started training course is to introduce you to the basic operations of Excel.
Price: £112.50 + VAT = £135
(10% discount for Cambridge Network members)
- Self-study pack containing exercises and files to practise what you've learned at your own pace in your own time.
- A month support on the topics covered.
By the end of the course you will be competent with the following skills:
- what is Excel? starting Excel, the Excel application window
- using the Excel menu system, using the Excel toolbars
- displaying help information
- resetting the working folder
- exiting from Excel
Modifying an existing worksheet
- moving the cell pointer, changing data in a worksheet
- reversing an edit operation, saving a workbook
- finding and replacing a specific entry in a worksheet
- adding data to a worksheet
- entering a formula into a worksheet
- adjusting column width in a worksheet
Building a new worksheet
Using worksheet shortcuts
- using autofill
- copying, moving and clearing cell entries
- using autosum
- inserting and deleting rows and columns
- inserting and deleting a range of cells
Enhancing worksheet appearance
- working in edit mode
- adjusting row height in a worksheet, realigning cell entries
- resetting the font of cell entries and numeric format of cell entries
- adding a border and shading to a worksheet
- using autoformat
Enhancing printed output
- changing the page setup of a worksheet
- previewing a worksheet
- printing selected worksheet entries
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
This course is aimed at new or recent users of Excel.
Delegates should be familiar with the Windows operating system, either from attending a Windows Introduction Course or knowledge gained from their own experience. No knowledge of Excel is required.