Representatives from TWI Industrial Member companies are invited to attend the inaugural TWI Core Research Programme Annual Symposium on Tuesday 8 November 2022, 08.30 – 16.00 GMT at TWI Cambridge, UK. This flagship event will showcase the cutting edge research undertaken within this world-leading industrial programme.
- During this in-person event, delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Engage with our technical experts during a series of elevator pitches and interactive panel sessions
- Visit the technical poster exhibition and demonstration area
- Meet some of our NSIRC PhD students who are currently working on CRP projects
- Hear from guest keynote speakers on different aspects of the CRP including examples of impact and how it creates value
- Meet with a Technology Fellow to discuss your emerging technology needs
- Network with fellow Industrial Members and TWI staff
Aamir Khalid, Chief Executive of TWI will welcome guests and open proceedings. Next Simon Webster, Chair of the TWI Research Board will give an introduction to the Core Research Programme (CRP). Then Ian Froment, Section Manager, Industrial Member Services at TWI, will give a short presentation on TWI Members in relation to the CRP.
The day will close with a ceremony for The Welding Institute Richard Weck Award and the CRP NSIRC PhD Poster Competition, after which delegates are welcome to stay for an optional tour of TWI’s engineering laboratories.
About the Core Research Programme
Projects within the CRP concentrate on the predominant challenges Industrial Members are currently experiencing, in particular technology areas and/or industry sectors that are critical to future operations.
Tat-Hean Gan, Director of Innovation and Skills, TWI explains “The Core Research Programme is unique in that is has been designed to assist TWI Industrial Member companies with developing new, technology-based products and services that are responsive to their own operational circumstances in the context of the changing demands of industry and global markets.” Adding “The CRP’s collaborative approach utilises innovative thinking to enable new products, processes and systems to come to fruition that can benefit Industrial Members as well as wider industry, and lead to long terms benefits such are lower costs, and improved safety and reliability.”
Find out more about TWI’s Core Research Programme.
How to book a delegate place at the Symposium
The TWI Core Research Programme Annual Symposium is an exclusive event for TWI Industrial Members and is free to attend. Please register by Friday 14 October to secure your place and book a meeting with one of our Technology Fellows.