Agri-Tech East and its partners across the east of England have launched the UK’s first national Agri-Tech Business Plan Competition.
Calling all agri-entrepreneurs!
Entries are invited from farmers, growers, innovators, technologists, researchers, processors – anyone with an idea for a new agri-tech business.
With cash prizes, plus expert help to make your business plan a commercial reality, the GROW competition is designed to encourage and support the leaders of the agri-tech businesses of the future.
- One year’s free membership of Cambridge Network
- Six months’ free office/lab space at Rothamsted Research
- A place on the 2015 Ignite Programme at Cambridge Judge Business School
- Six months’ access to the Green Inc. incubator at Future Business Centre Cambridge
- Two days' expert advice on drafting and filing a UK patent from PBL
- Six months’ free office/lab space at Norwich Research Park
- A place and 25% bursary on the UEA Food and Agribusiness Executive MBA
- Membership of Hethel Innovation Launch Pad Programme
- Complimentary Annual Associate Membership of Norfolk Network
- Legal advice from Barr Ellison
- One year’s free membership of Cambridge Cleantech
- Six months’ part time membership of ideaSpace City
- £1,000 cash for first prize, £500 second prize
The orgainsers would like to hear from entrepreneurs from across the UK with an idea for a new business opportunity for an innovative product or service that will help improve the efficiency, productivity or sustainability of agriculture and horticulture, or downstream food processing.
All you need to do is register your interest online by 1st March 2015 and you'll be offered access to an expert mentor who can help talk through and refine your idea. You then have until 15th April 2015 to submit a 12 page business plan.
The plans will be short-listed by a Sift Panel and the finalists will be invited to pitch to an audience of investors and industry experts at the R&D HQ of Agrii, near Stansted in Cambridgeshire.
Visit www.agritech-east.co.uk/business-plan-competition and simply register your interest along with a brief summary of your idea. You can also see more information about the competition, judges and prizes as well as full terms and conditions on the site.
Agri-TechE is a business focused membership organisation, supporting the growth of a world-leading network of innovative farmers, producers, scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs who share a vision of increasing the productivity, profitability and sustainability of agriculture.
Together we aim to help turn challenges into business opportunities and facilitate mutually beneficial collaboration.