Axiom-e wishes Dragonmobility many congratulations on its 10th anniversary this week and says: "We are proud to have worked with Dragonmobility since 2005 and look forward to continuing to do so as they 'set more lives in motion' in the coming years."
Congratulations Dragonmobility - 10 years old this week!
We are proud to have worked with the independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of customised powerchairs for disabled but active users since 2005 and have seen them reach many milestones including:
- 2005: Founded by Dan Everard, part of the original Cambridge Phenomenen of 1985.
- 2006: First Dragonmobility powerchair supplied to a user from overseas (USA).
- 2006: Initial funding round of £200,000 secured when Axiom-e identified a business angel and lender and negotiated the deal.
- 2006: Axiom-e appointed as Company Secretary and strategic financial management advisers.
- 2006: Short-listed for Innovative Business of the Year, one of the categories in the Startups of the Year Awards sponsored by StartUps.co.uk and NatWest bank. (Dragonmobility ultimately lost out to NutraTech.)
- 2006: The Turbo Trust was established as a charity (1116374) to provide hi-tech powered mobility equipment for severely disabled people so that whatever their dream is – not their parent’s dream necessarily! – they can achieve it more easily.
- 2007: First Dragonmobility powerchair supplied to a user from France.
- 2007: Runner-up in the Cambridge Evening News Business Excellence Award.
- 2009: Gadget designed to enable a blind girl to "see" where she is driving her powerchair.
- 2010: Dragonmobility (UK) CIC incorporated to emphasise the social enterprise nature of the Dragonmobility Project.
- 2010: First Dragonmobility powerchair supplied to a user from SE Asia.
- 2011: First Dragonmobility powerchair supplied to a user from Spain.
- 2011: First siblings supplied with Dragonmobility powerchairs.
- 2011: First set of twins supplied with Dragonmobility powerchairs.
- 2012 Dan Everard was nominated by a third-party for The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering 2013. The Prize went to the founders of the Internet!
- 2013: Short-listed for the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize, the world's largest humanitarian award which was won by ECPAT International.
- 2014: Dragonmobility's unique products and their impact on users and society was featured in press, on radio and on TV, including the TechShow on an Iranian TV channel.
- 2015: Dragonmobility reached its 10th Anniversary on 12th January and celebrates 2000 lives set in motion.
10 years is quite an achievement in its own right but there will soon be the other major milestone: the delivery of the 2000th powerchair that Dan Everard, Dragonmobility's founder and Managing Director, and his teams have designed and built over 33 years.
"2000 Lives Set In Motion" is a year-long campaign to recognise this achievement and to celebrate the many lives that the powerchairs have impacted on (such as Charlie and Cam from the UK and Violet from Australia) and the many individuals and organisations who have helped over the years.
The first event is a balloon race which will be started on 18th April from a prestigious local site. To find out how to take part and to keep up with events throughout the year, please visit www.2000Lives.org.
Local and national organisations and individuals are already committing themselves as sponsors and supporters. It would be great to have more Cambridge-based organisations involved in supporting the Dragonmobility Project as it sets in motion the next 2000 lives around the world.
The company would not have got to where it is now, and be seeking to help more clients, without the commitment of staff, suppliers and other supporters past and present. We know that Dragonmobility greatly appreciate their tremendous support and encouragement. All should feel part of the achievements and plans for the future.
Well done Dragonmobility - here's to the next 10 years!
Axiom-e is an independent strategic financial management consultancy which provides business advice focussed on strategic, financial, accounting, administrative and general management issues. We work as part-time finance director and/or company secretary for our growing portfolio of clients which includes commercial organisations, social enterprises and charities.