JM beat off competition from Croda and Victrex to keep the Chemicals title and is 5th most admired overall
Johnson Matthey is Britain's Most Admired Chemicals Company
Johnson Matthey has beat off competition from the likes of Croda and Victrex to be Britain's Most Admired Chemicals Company for the third year running, and is 5th most admired overall. This year's most admired company is Cambridge based computer chip designer ARM.
About the awards
The awards, now in their 26th year, are run by Management Today and ask 200 of Britain's top companies and their bosses to assess their peers. There are 25 sectors with ten companies in each; each company then ranks the others from 1 to 10 on nine criteria. Combined with polls from City analysts, the total scores then form an overall winners list, a top ten for the criteria and a league table for each sector.
Johnson Matthey was Britain's Most Admired Company 2014.
Britain's Most Admired Companies 2016
- ARM – Software and Computer Services
- Unilever – Food Producers and Processors
- Royal Dutch Shell – Oil, Gas and Extractive
- Berkeley Group – Construction – Home
- Johnson Matthey – Chemicals
- Spirax-Sarco Engineering – Engineering and Machinery
- Halma – Software and Computer Services
- InterContinental Hotels Group – Leisure and Hotels
- McDonald's Restaurants UK – Restaurants and Pubs
- Experian – Business Support Services
You can read more about the top ten on Management Today's website: http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/bmac-2016/top-ten
Johnson Matthey is a leader in sustainable technologies. Many of the group’s products enhance the quality of life of millions through their beneficial impact on the environment, human health and wellbeing