If you have large amounts of information in Excel you probably (read: hopefully) use its powerful table management features to help you quickly retrieve and manipulate data. Perhaps you also use PivotTable reports to interactively summarize your data? Or maybe you’ve heard of PivotTables but never looked into them as yet? Or perhaps you don’t know what you don’t know?
Well you don’t have to … as long as you use version 2013 or later and your data has column headings, Microsoft will suggest a set of PivotTable reports it feels are most applicable.
- Click anywhere in your data.
- On the Insert tab click on Recommended PivotTables (the second button from the left).
- Use your downward arrow to flick through the various recommendations.
- Click OK.
Your report has been inserted in a new sheet; your “raw data” is still intact and could be used as a basis for other summary reports.
Two new webinars
Following the success of our four 60-minute webinars, I have developed two additional “further use” sessions, helping you to broaden your knowledge of Excel and Word and to benefit from its overlooked and underused features:
· 60-minute Further Use webinar - Excel with Excel : Thursday 22 October, 10 - 11AM
· 60-minute Further Use webinar - Word to the wise : Tuesday 27 October, 10 - 11AM
You can book your place online at the introductory price of £24 per webinar per person. If you are looking for a webinar for a group of people, please get in touch.
And remember, as we respect the fact that people make special arrangements in their personal and professional lives for attending a session, we never cancel classes due to insufficient enrolments. Once payment is received, the webinar is guaranteed to run.
5 October 2020