In her regular series for Cambridge Network members, software training expert Karen Roem offers handy tips to help you 'Tame your computer'. This week she describes a faster way to enter a formula using the numeric keypad (Microsoft Excel)...
Tame your computer - focus on faster formulas
This tip is particularly helpful for anyone who can touch-type on the numeric keypad, as it can speed up the way you enter a formula into a worksheet,.
1. Select the cell in which the formula is to appear.
2. Press + (the plus sign) on the numeric keypad.
3. Use the arrows on the numeric keypad to move to the cell you want to include in the formula.
4. Use the multiply, divide, add or subtract keys on your numeric keypad.
5. Use the arrows to move to the other cells you want to include in the formula.
6. Press ENTER.
If you don’t have a numeric keypad or – like me – “hunt and peck” on that part of the keyboard, the normal way of starting the formula with an equal sign and clicking on cells will do just fine.
Our current course schedule can be found online. Book more than one person from your organisation on the same course, on the same date, and you get 10% off.
9 September 2019