We invite you to attend the Annual Research Showcase 2019 event to celebrate the breadth and quality of Cambridge research in the context of external partnerships, opportunities and collaborations. In conjunction with the event we will be also issuing the Maxwell Centre Annual Report 2018-19.
Maxwell Centre Annual Research Showcase 2019
This all-day event (registration will open at 9am, expected finish time is 6:30pm) is once again expected to attract a mixed audience of academics, industry and funders. Registration, poster displays, networking opportunities and lab tours will take place at the Maxwell Centre. In order to accommodate a large audience, all talks will be taking place at the Pippard Lecture Theatre, Cavendish Laboratory.
The 2019 Showcase will comprise a varied programme focussed on academia-industry collaborations:
Registration opens at 9:00am at the Maxwell Centre, with an opportunity to explore the Maxwell Centre, and get a tour of the laboratories.
Morning session - academic perspective (at the Pippard Lecture Theatre):
This session will include:
- an address by the Maxwell Centre Director, Prof Sir Mark Welland
- a keynote talk by Dr Emily Shuckburgh, Director of the Cambridge Carbon Neutral Futures Initiative
- and back by popular demand: a series of 2 minutes' talks by researchers from across the Physical Science and Technology departments – showcasing a broad range of collaborative, multidisciplinary, cutting-edge research and industrial partnerships.
Networking lunch, poster session, stands, demonstrations and tours at the Maxwell Centre (12:30 - 13:30).
Afternoon session - industry perspective (at the Pippard Lecture Theatre):
This session will include:
- highlights of new industrial partnerships with the Maxwell Centre
- industrial keynote talk by Mansoor Hanif, Chief Technology Officer, Ofcom
- a panel discussion on the challenges and opportunities of the modern day connected world
Further networking opportunities over refreshments at the Maxwell Centre.
Attendance of this event is free of charge, but booking is essential. Please register and get a ticket through the Eventbrite: https://maxwell-centre-research-showcase-2019.eventbrite.co.uk
If you are interested in taking part in any of the lab tours please indicate it at the registration, and we will be in touch with further details.
Questions about the event (including prospective speakers, exhibitors and sponsorship) should be directed to Maxwell Centre Engagement Coordinator in the first instance.
The Maxwell Centre is the centrepiece for industrial engagement with the physical scientists and engineers working on the West Cambridge Science and Technology Campus.