Leading High Performance Teams
- What is a high performing team and what does that mean for my actions as a leader?
- How can I better understand the different motivations of my team members?
- How can I adapt my style of leadership to better connect with and motivate others?
This workshop aims to “get under the skin” of how a team can be truly high performing, and the leadership skills that are required to achieve this. The content is suitable for recently appointed or more experienced managers and supervisors, plus also senior professionals managing teams across a matrix. The main focus is the underlying people dynamics within teams, and attendees will gain a greater understanding of what motivates individuals and the role that they as leaders can play in shaping the environment in which high performing teams can develop.
The Insights Discovery profile is a key tool used on the workshop to help classify self and co-workers and to accurately define practical techniques for leading them. As such, the specific objectives of the workshop are as follows:
- To understand how our personality type provides a mix of leadership strengths and potential weaknesses.
- To acquire a range of approaches that will enable us to bring greater breadth and flexibility to our personal style and how we apply this to leading high performing teams.
The workshop is a full day, with a small amount of preparatory work. Several short inputs, discussions and practical activities form the day, culminating in an action planning session. Content is drawn from a variety of sources, including Jungian psychology and the Insights Discovery psychometric.
- Introductions, overview, hopes and expectations.
- What is a “high performance team”?
- An interactive exercise introducing the Insights model.
- An exploration of the strengths and weaknesses of the Insights types.
- How the different personality types approach organisation problems.
High performance teams and leadership
- Models of high-performance teams.
- Input on leadership techniques and how they impact on individuals and teams.
Adapting leadership style
- Putting the theory into practice.
- Activities exploring how leadership styles can be adapted to improve effectiveness.
- Individual reflection to identify what you would like to work on.
- Pair/trio work to generate ideas for overcoming the barriers.
- Drawing together the learning points from the day.
- Translating these into concrete action points for application back in the work place.
Meet the trainer! https://www.youtube.com/embed/6A-_tMKubL4
|Duration: 1 Day||Credits: 3.9|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Member Cost: £580.00+VAT|
|Non-member Cost: £870.00+VAT|