Encouraging an inclusive workplace that encompasses employees from all walks of life and ability can generate a multitude of benefits, not least in giving you access to a wider pool of talent. This half day event run by Iansyst, in partnership with Cambridge Network, will help you to create a disability confident and inclusive work culture
Becoming Disability Confident
1 in 5 people in the UK have a disability with the majority having an invisible disability such as dyslexia, mental health conditions, chronic pain and autism. Many people with invisible conditions choose to keep it under wraps in interviews or click the “Prefer not to say” box on an applicant sign-up form when asked to disclose.
But there can be huge benefits for organisations that create inclusive environments for workers to freely speak about their conditions and receive the correct support. These include:
- Access to a wider pool of talent and higher quality candidates
- A steadfast and loyal workforce as traditionally when disabled people are happy in their place of work they will stay for longer
- Access to the collective spending power of disabled individuals and their families, which is estimated at £249 billion
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Department of Work and Pensions: Introducing the Disability Confident Scheme
- Sally Ward, PurpleSpace: Helping Employees with Disability Networks
- Yvonne Smyth, Hays, Inclusive Recruitment: Laying the Foundation for Change
- Adelle Shaw-Flach, Sweet Potato Consultancy, Creating a Powerful Workplace Wellbeing Strategy
- Mark Woodward & Janine King, Iansyst, Enabling staff with workplace adjustments and coaching
Exhibition spaces available! There will also be a range of exhibitors in attendance who will be offering resources and technology, which can aid and revolutionise the workplace. Confirmed so far: Claro Software, LexAble , Medincle, Kaz Type, Phonak and Workplace Health. If you'd like an exhibition space please contact Catherine Smith at Iansyst.
About Disability Confident:
In 2018, Disability Confident (https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/), a government initiative for businesses to include more disabled staff, reached over 10,000 sign-ups with major corporations getting on board to create disability inclusive work cultures. Iansyst, a disability solutions provider, hopes to see this number grow in 2019 to increase the number of employers confident at employing individuals with ‘hidden’ disabilities.
The event will have a host of guest speakers and disability experts to help businesses in Cambridgeshire and beyond put in place a confident framework for HR teams, managers and business owners.
When we adapt for one, everyone will be included.
The day is free to attend and will include seminars, refreshments, lunch and a raffle with exciting prizes! It will start at 9.30am and will end approximately at 3pm.
To book: Please click on the image below to sign up on Eventbrite
Please use the following when mentioning this event on social media: #iansyst #cambnetwork #disabilityconfident
This event is very kindly supported by Able Magazine
iansyst provides Assistive Technology products, training and coaching services which are designed to benefit people and help them reach their full potential. At the same time we aim to create value through ethical business practice, innovation and growth.
Iansyst are a Disability Confident Employer and can partner with business by providing reasonable workplace adjustments that can help staff retention and offer support for a range of disabilities and health conditions.