The Oxford Cambridge Corridor Economic Growth Conference takes place on June 21st in Milton Keynes and will be a day of discussion and opportunity with the region’s business and public sector leaders coming together to discuss and debate the key business themes and opportunities for growth.
Oxford Cambridge Corridor Economic Growth Conference 2018
The corridor represents a phenomenal opportunity for economic growth and will build on the work that has been undertaken by the National Infrastructure Commission and Economic Heartland and showcase and develop the opportunities that are being created by the proposed road and rail links that will link the two cities and unite the cities and towns between them. The long awaited East West transport links will not only improve connectivity and communication but it will provide the infrastructure to drive economic development and growth.
- England’s Economic Heartland Strategic Alliance is providing a single, joined up voice to Government on all the infrastructure needs, from roads and rail to broadband and utilities.
- The National Infrastructure Commission believes the area could support a further 700,000 jobs by 2050, increasing GVA by £163bn
- A population of over 3.5 million and over 175,000 business together generate around £92.5 billion GVA. We have a 21st century economy, particularly rich in high value engineering, science, technology and research and most of these firms are small or medium sized enterprise with many based in rural or semi-rural areas
This event is supported by The National Infrastructure Commission and England’s Economic heartland and will attract in excess of 300 people that are all keen to explore the business opportunities that this corridor presents.
The conference will hear keynotes from public and private sector leaders before panel discussions take place to focus on the key areas and topics on the corridor development. We’re delighted to have the support of the National Infrastructure Commission, England’s Economic Heartland, regional authorities and more.
To view the list of all the confirmed speakers for the conference click HERE.
The conference will include various networking periods, keynotes from influential business leaders, panel discussions on the key topics the ensure opportunities are highlighted and various workshops. We’ll be looking at:
- Industrial Strategy – how do we build a Britain that is fit for the future, and how do we utilise new technologies to ensure that we capitalise on the opportunities the ARC Corridor will bring?
- Skills – how do we develop the skills for the future to ensure the economy can grow, and what skills are they?
- Housing – how do we deliver housing targets and free up more space?
- Infrastructure – what is the transport strategy and how do we develop it to drive economic growth whilst becoming more energy efficient?
- Economy – how will we deliver the Strategic Economic Plan and grow the economy around the corridor through the improved connectivity?
View the full programme and conference agenda HERE.
About Built Environment Networking
Built Environment Networking is the UK’s leading provider of networking events in the construction and property industry. They host over 70 events annually across the UK and Ireland from smaller evening events to large one-day conferences with subjects matters including HS2, Oxford Cambridge corridor and construction frameworks. The conferences are supported heavily by large developers, local and regional authorities, commission groups and more.
About Bouygues Energies & Services UK
Bouygues Energies & Services operates in over 80 countries globally. Using the expertise of our 12,500 employees, we provide engineering and service capabilities committed to designing, building, operating and maintaining infrastructure, buildings and industrial facilities. From facilities management and energy performance and supply, to smart city, infrastructure and industry solutions; we have a successful track record of delivering services in a range of complex and secure critical environments.