Busy Bee Recruitment writes:
For a lot of us, although working from home has become the new normal, there is also the new challenge of juggling both work life and home life.
We understand the importance of keeping everything in order both at home and at work, so we have added our own survival tips to help you with the juggling act of being a working from home parent:
- Firstly, be sure to set up a designated area purely for your “office” to help keep your work life and home life separate as best as you can.
- “The early bird gets the worm” – Set an alarm a little before anyone else is due to wake up to start your work and get ahead of the game.
- Set out a daily routine – Set up activities for the children to keep them entertained.
- Set out time-frames – Set yourself a daily routine for work, add in breaks, lunch and be sure to stick to them to help you in a routine.
- Talk to your children – Do not be afraid to talk to your children, let them know your plans for the day, include that you will be working from particular times but will be here if they need you.
- Ask for help – Do not be afraid to speak to your colleagues and management if you feel that you are struggling.
- Be honest with yourself, your family, and your colleagues – It is understandable that this new way of living will be a learning curve for everyone, so be sure to communicate with everyone.
Remember, this is a new way of living for many of us, but we are here to help and support you in every aspect.
Are you working from home or setting your employees up on a new way of working and are in need of some advice? Get in touch today to speak with our specialist recruitment consultants for more info on how we can help you >> 01353 880253 | Admin@busybeerecruitment.co.uk