In her regular series for Cambridge Network members, software training expert Karen Roem offers handy tips to help you 'Tame your computer'. This week she highlights the best of 2019 - her top 10 tips from this year. (Well, 13 - lucky for some!)
Tame your computer - top 10 tips of 2019
This will be the last tip of the year as I'm pretty sure that if I leave it another week you'll be busy tucking into mince pies and drinking mulled wine.
For the fifth year running, herewith your favourite, most commented on, tips from the past 12 months. As I felt it was impossible to cut it down to ten, I cheated and added three more.
With thanks to Sarah, Bart, Jan, Patrick, Clare and Michael for your feedback; it makes my day knowing I’m saving you time and frustration!
1. Open the right-click menu using a keyboard shortcut - Office and Windows
2. Total the data in a table - Excel
7. Check the spelling of all worksheets - Excel
8. Attach a PDF version of an active document to an email message - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
10. Go to a specific slide when delivering your presentation - PowerPoint
11. Organise and find email messages in your shared mailbox - Outlook
Oh, and don't forget to check out this tip before you go off on your Christmas break; it contains five tips to prevent email overload upon your return.
Wishing you a relaxing festive season. Remember: Escape isn't just a button on your keyboard!
Our current course schedule can be found online. Book more than one person from your organisation on the same course, on the same date, and you get 10% off.
16 December 2019
Highly respected computer software training company based in Cambridge. Registered supplier to local companies such as AstraZeneca, University of Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire District Council and NHS England.