Springboard are specialists in developing devices for regulated markets, focused on solving really difficult technical problems quickly. Our clients are global companies who need the very best engineers and scientists to solve their most pressing R&D problems.
Working here involves a combination of practical and analytical technical work. We have our own lab with equipment and project areas, and various engineering software tools. All our roles are client facing and everyone presents their own work.
We have an ethical policy which means we only work on satisfying projects of which we can be proud. We put great emphasis on mentoring within our team because it helps people to progress their careers quickly and increase the scope of what people can do. We do our best to be an exciting place to work and to reward people highly for success.
We work on all sorts of exciting technical challenges, especially in medical devices which is our biggest market. The following list gives some examples:
- Full life cycle medical device development, design and verification, including
- Drug delivery: injectors, inhalers, pumps and such like
- Diagnostics: lateral flow, electromechanical and such like
- Surgical devices, catheters, respiratory, critical care equipment and such like
- Rapid root cause analysis and creation of convincing solutions which drive down failure rates
- Laboratory testing, experimentation, prototyping, verification, validation
- Controlling hot and cold thermal systems, including cryogenics
- Fluidic management including foams and viscous media
- Mechanical and materials science
- Managing oxygen and moisture
- Specialist skills, including
- Engineering-physics: both experimental and analytical
- Design and CAD
- Electromechanical and control systems
- High speed video
- Finite element analysis
- Project delivery compliant with ISO 13485, FDA 21CFR820.30 and such like