Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
Account management and strategic support
- Support the Sporting Events Manager (SEM)/ Head of Sporting Events (HSE) in delivering the Sporting Events strategy for ARUK to increase income within this stream
- Support the SEM to develop and manage the portfolio of third-party sporting events and internally developed products for ARUK
- Successful account management of third-party event suppliers as agreed with SEM/ HSE
- Seek opportunities to expand and improve event portfolio, keeping abreast of industry trends and competitor activity.
- To maximise income through developing and managing an agreed portfolio of events, focusing on supporter care processes and the retention of supporters. The role will include targets related to specific events
- Work with SEM to develop budgets and targets for key areas of work
- Supporter Management
- Event/Project Management
- Monitoring and Reporting
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of the events fundraising market, ideally sporting events
- Relationship management experience
- Experience of fundraising in a sporting context (personal or professional)
- Experience of working with digital technologies and online communities
- Use of CRM or database systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An ability to manage a busy and varied workload
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Contagious enthusiasm to inspire supporters
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours, including weekends and willingness to travel independently
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 26th June 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 4th July 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK