Assertiveness Skills Workshop
Assertiveness is not always about getting your own way, but it is about being able to confidently express your own needs.
When people talk about being more assertive, they usually mean:
- How do I resist always saying yes when I really want to say no?
- How do I say what I really think without upsetting someone?
- How do I gain more control in situations that are important to me?
This workshop is about understanding what assertiveness really means to you, and how to be more assertive when you need to be.
I feel confident going back to my role with these new techniques and putting them into practice.
I learnt a lot in this course that I can now bring into my role everyday, it was nice that everyone was involved in taking part with some individual discussions in breakout rooms. Sheila was very informative and helpful, I will definitely be recommending the course throughout the company!
By the end of the training course you will:
- Understand what assertive behaviour is
- Be more aware of ‘difficult’ people and situations, and know how to respond to them
- Understand and know how to use assertive communication with opportunities to practise
- Know when and how to be assertive
- What is assertiveness?
- Recognising assertive, aggressive, and passive behaviour.
- Understanding ‘difficult’ people, ‘difficult’ situations, and our responses to them.
- Effective communication in the virtual world.
- Giving and receiving effective feedback.
- Using The Drama Triangle to help develop assertive communication.
- Structuring an assertive conversation.
How to be assertive - applying the theory
- Saying no
- Giving your opinion confidently and making requests
When to be assertive
- Team needs versus your own needs.
- Understanding the goodwill reservoir.
The course has taught me how to address and recognise certain personalities and how to deal with them.
Online Course Details
|Duration: 1 day, 4 x 1.5 hours||Credits: 1.8|
|Max. Delegates: 10||Member Cost: £280.00+VAT|
|Non-member Cost: £420.00+VAT|
Face to Face Course Details
|Duration: 1 Day||Credits: 1.8|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Member Cost: £280+VAT|
|Non-member Cost: £420+VAT|