Any review of essential management skills always puts effective communication close to the top of the list, yet poor communication is at the root of many problems.
This workshop will help managers understand their own communication style, the essentials of good communication and develop their confidence to communicate effectively.
By the end of the workshop managers will:
- understand the essential ingredients of effective communication
- gain an understanding of their own communication style
- have developed their own communication skills
- have gained confidence in how to effectively influence others
"Excellent course would recommend to others. Instructor was easy to talk to and group was very well balanced."
- What is effective communication?
- Barriers to effective communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
The Essential Skills
- Understanding body language
- Active listening & questioning techniques
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- How to get your message across
- Cross-cultural variations in communication
- Effective influencing in meetings
- Understanding your own communication style
- Communication Styles questionnaire
Understanding Communication Channels
- When to talk and when to write
To complete the communications styles questionnaire.
To use an action learning log to continue to develop their understanding of different communication styles, and effective influencing.
Duration: 1 day
Max Delegates: 12
CPD Points: 6.5
- Course type:
- Learning Collaboration
- Course reference:
- TLC Units:
- Member price:
- Non-member price:
|25 Jun 2019||Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, CB1 7BN||Please log in or create an account to make your booking. Book course|