By default, Outlook specifies your work week as 8AM to 5PM, Monday to Friday. This means that if someone is trying to schedule a meeting using the free/busy time shown in the Scheduler they might think you are available.
So if you work part time or do not want people to schedule meetings before 9AM or after 4PM, why not change your work days and times?
1. On the File tab, click on Options.
2. Click on Calendar (or type the letter c).
3. Under Work time change your Start time and End time.
4. Tick or untick the check boxes to reflect your work week.
5. Press ENTER or click OK.
And no, I’m afraid you cannot have different start and end times for different work days.
- Find the best time to schedule a meeting
- Set up a second e-mail signature for sending messages outside office hours
- Respond to an e-mail message with a meeting request
- Set a date using plain English
Our current course schedule can be found online. Book more than one person from your organisation on the same course, on the same date, and you get 10% off.
7 October 2019