Cambridge Engineering Analysis & Design (CEAD)
CEAD is a Cambridge based SME specialising in thermo-fluids, thermal management and green-tech (energy storage, harvesting and carbon capture technology) solution-finding and research & development company. As well as offering consultancy, over the past four years we have developed a carbon capture technology that we are advancing towards a product offering.
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1638 508 107|
|Address:||IdeaSpace West, 3 Charles Babbage Road, Cambridge|
|Membership type:||Professional Individual and Corporate < 5 (£50+VAT pa)|
The company provides technical consultancy support services in fluid flow, thermo-fluids, structural design and dynamics analysis. CEAD has vast successful experience in many applications including: medical devices, electronics cooling, printing technologies and telecommunications.
As well as offering consultancy, over the past four years we have developed a carbon capture technology that we are advancing towards a product offering.
Thermo-fluids & FEA Consulting
- Fluid flow and thermal analysis using analytical and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) techniques.
- Airflow and thermal verification experiments and evaluations.
- Dynamics and structural analysis using analytical and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) methods.
Electronics Cooling & Thermal Management
- Thermal management design and development of novel cooling solutions for telecoms equipment and remote radio heads, avionics equipment
- Design of special application heatsinks and heat spreaders including embedding of heat-pipes and vapour chambers
- Design development of high power, high ambient temperature heat-pipes and vapour chambers
Thermo-fluids R&D Technology Innovation & Development
- Fluid flow and thermal technology innovation; e.g. saccardo nozzle design, heat exchangers design, liquid to air and liquid to liquid coldplates, etc
- Research and development of energy recovery systems e.g. automotive, aerospace, and civil engineering applications.
CO2 Capture Technology
- CEAD has developed a number of novel polymer based CO2 capture materials that offer low material cost and low energy consumption compared to existing technologies.
- Developing a carbon negative post combustion Combined Energy Recovery & Carbon Dioxide (CoERCe) system grant funded by BEIS and Innovate UK (feasibility stages), Low Carbon KEEP (pre-feasibility stage).