Mewburn Ellis LLP
Located on St John’s Innovation Park, our Cambridge office serves clients from Cambridge and around the world. We cover the full range of intellectual property issues: patents, trade marks, designs, industrial copyright and related matters, in all fields of technology.
Please contact us for advice on any legal or commercial matter relating to intellectual property. Our areas of expertise include:
- advising on patentability and patenting strategy
- drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the UK and Europe
- handing patent oppositions and appeals at the European Patent Office
- advising on, filing, obtaining and defending trade marks and registered designs
- performing IP searching, due diligence and IP reports, including opinions on freedom to operate
- conducting "IP Audits" for businesses funded by partner schemes of the UK Intellectual Property Office, including GrowthAccelerator
- managing international portfolios of intellectual property rights
- advising on infringement of IP rights, including patents, trade marks, (registered and unregistered), designs (registered and unregistered) and copyright, and helping our clients to defend infringement proceedings brought against them
- dealing with other disputes relating to intellectual property, including pre-litigation contentious matters and preparing and advising on settlement agreements, providing litigation support and conducting patent litigation
- establishing entitlements to inventions, designs, copyright and trade marks including preparing any documents necessary to put in place an unbroken chain of title
- advising on and preparing documents relating to technology transfer, including assignment and licensing of patents, designs, copyright and know-how, trade secrets and confidential information; and
- recording assignments, licences and name changes in relation to intellectual property in jurisdictions throughout the world.
We cover all technical fields, including biotechnology & life sciences, pharmaceuticals, chemistry, computers and software, electronics and mechanical engineering.