DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) is the language of such analytical tools as PowerBI, Power Pivot and SQL server. Having a thorough understanding of DAX will allow you to develop visualisations and present data in any way you want. No longer are you constrained to using the standard formula that comes with Excel. You no more have to work out complex time analysis functions that should be straightforward. Formulas such as Year to Date or Quarter to Date or even working out how much you''ve earned this financial year.
Power BI DAX Introduction 2 Day Course
To see a full list of training rates are available on our website, alterntaively each course page has a course calculator for your convenience.
The course outline is available to view here and via the website.
For a taster why not check out our Power BI Bitesized Online Training Videos
Although DAX can be used in a number of scenarios, the course primarily concentrates on DAX for PowerBI. You will see how understanding more about DAX will give you power and control over your visualisations and in that way allow you to present your data in a fantastically clear way.
What is Dax?
- DAX in the World of Excel
- Cells vs Tables
- Iterators - what are they?
- Understanding DAX calculations
- DAX data types
- DAX operators
- Calculated Columns vs Measures
- Error Handling in DAX
- Formatting DAX Code
- Common DAX Functions
Basic Table Functions
- What are Table Functions?
- EVALUATE Syntax
- Table Expressions
- Understanding FILTER
- Understanding ALL, ALLEXCEPT, and ALLNOBLANKROW
- UNDERSTANDING VALUES and DISTINCT
Understanding Evaluation Contexts
- Introduction to Evaluation Contexts
- Understanding the row context
- Using SUM in a calculated column
- Using columns in a measure
- Row context with Iterators - EARLIER function
- Working with many tables
- Row contexts and relationships
- Filter context with relationships
- Introducing Values
- Introducting ISFILTERED, ISCROSSFILTERED
CALCULATE and CALCULATETABLE
- Understanding CALCULATE
- Understandng the filter context
- CALCULATE examples
- Filtering a single column
- Filtering with complex conditions
- Using CALCULATETABLE
- What are circular dependencies
- CALCULATE rules
- Introducing ALLSELECTED
- Understanding USERELATIONSHIP
- Finding ratios and percentages
- Cumulative Totals
- Using ABC (Pareto) Classification
- Finding Sales per day and Working day
- Differences in working days
- Static moving averages
Time Intelligence Calculations
- What is time intelligence?
- Building a Date table
- Handling multiple relationships to the Date table
- Aggregating overtime (Year-to-date|Quarter-to-date)
- Opening and Closing Balances
This 2 Day course can be delivered at your premises or at a local training venue. Training can be organised on days that suite you.
Computer Tutoring have a reputation for quality and engaging training. Our many training courses are now available Live Online. Alternatively we are also happy to deliver training either at your own premises or at a local computer tutoring training venue.