We are looking for a Graduate Engineer to join our Wi-Fi Firmware team on 09 September 2024. Your role will cover the entire software lifecycle; from requirements gathering, to system test and product support. The software is written in “C” and runs in a resource constrained, embedded, real time environment.
Key ResponsibilitiesYour main responsibilities will include:
- Analyse and document, system and module requirements
- Design and document individual modules
- Develop and test (unit, system and acceptance) firmware of major scale and complexity
- Maintenance of software including defect investigation
Skills and ExperienceSkills and experience that you'll need:
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Experience using of ‘C’ programming language
- Some understanding of embedded systems
- Effective team player
- Good communicator
- Good problem solving ability
What's on Offer?Being a Graduate at Samsung This is a two year fixed-term contract with the chance for you to specialise in multiple disciplines. After your first year, there will be a transfer window. During this time, you have the opportunity to transfer to another team or department. This gives you the choice to decide what skills and knowledge you would like to develop next. We have a wide-variety of technical teams spanning hardware design, software development and testing so each year you could be working on something completely different. But, what if you already love what you’re working on? Don't worry, you have the choice to remain in your existing role.
As a Graduate at Samsung Cambridge you'll receive:
- Competitive salary with annual performance related increases
- Flexible benefits package
- One off bonus when you start with us to help you get settled-in
- Onsite canteen with a daily allowance for breakfast and lunch
- Life, travel and income protection insurances
- Hybrid working (3 days onsite each week)
- Regular social events
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed. The spirit of Samsung is one of people. Yes, as a business, we develop ground-breaking core silicon and software technology, using the most efficient and flexible architectures, utilising remarkably advanced semiconductor manufacturing processes. Ultimately, however, we’re all about YOU. YOUR hopes, dreams and ambitions.