Improving Personal Impact & Influence
Have you left meetings wishing that you had spoken out or had a greater share of the airtime? Recognising that people are different, have you wondered how you can adapt your style of communication to better connect with others? Learn a consistently effective model of influence that you can deploy when needed.
Influence is a key skill for anyone working in modern, matrix organisations. Often a perceived lack of influence leads to deep dissatisfaction in the workplace and beyond. This workshop uses the proven Insights Discovery profile to help classify self and co-workers and to accurately define practical techniques for influencing them. Several discussions and practical activities form the day, leading to stakeholder mapping and action planning.
The workshop provides a new perspective on communication and influence in the workplace and a simple model enabling attendees to adapt their communication style to better connect with a wider group of colleagues.
- To understand how our personality type provides a range of communication strengths and potential weaknesses.
- To provide a range of approaches to enable us to better connect and influence a greater range of stakeholder and colleagues.
The workshop is a full day, with a small amount of preparatory work and involves:
- Short inputs, covering the science and theory, techniques and tools.
- Reflection, discussion and practice sessions of increasing intensity and challenge, incorporating peer coaching and feedback, and wherever possible working with real situations.
- Content is drawn from a variety of sources, including Jungian psychology and the Insights Discovery psychometric.
- Introductions, overview, hopes and expectations.
- An interactive exercise introducing the Insights model.
- How the different personality types approach organisation problems.
- An exploration of the strengths and weaknesses of the Insights types.
- Input on influencing techniques.
Adapting Influencing Style
- Putting the theory into practice.
- A role-play exploring how styles can be adapted to improve impact and influence.
- Individual reflection to identify what you would like to work on.
- Pair/trio work to generate ideas for overcoming the barriers.
- Action planning.
Follow up coaching
The one-day workshop will be followed by a one-hour individual coaching session, building on the action plan prepared by each attendee.
Meet the trainer! https://www.youtube.com/embed/D3jXej9z4eU
|Duration: 1 Day||Credits: 3.3|
|CPD Points: 6.5||Member Cost: £495.00+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £742.00+VAT|