Essentials of Management
We recognise that managing people on a day to day basis is challenging and often the most difficult part of a managers’ role. Managing people effectively requires a very different skill set and this 6-month programme is aimed at focussing on four key areas which are fundamental to the success of an effective manager.
At only £242 per session, delegates will benefit from comprehensive management training, and an on-going, exclusive peer group learning platform across the 6 months.
This programme is aimed at those who are new into management as well as those who have the experience in their management role but have never undertaken any formal development. It is designed to share skills and knowledge, which if adopted, will make life in the management role an easier experience. The learning is extremely practical, relevant and real, and can be applied back in the team and workplace immediately.
There are many benefits that you will gain including:
- eveloping a range of key management skills.
- Improved personal communication skills and the ability to recognise how your communication can be the root cause of your problems experienced day to day.
- Know how to motivate and engage teams.
- Be able to manage relationships with improved confidence, particularly in challenging situations.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification – should you wish to undertake the additional work.
- The ability to understand ‘how you do what you do’.
The programme will be structured over 8 x half days, across a 6-month period:
Session 1 and Session 2
Communication in the workplace
- Understand the communication process and how it operates as a continual process
- Improved understanding and flexibility in your communication style
- Recognise the different methods and mediums of communication and their suitability to the message being conveyed
- Recognise the impact of body language in the communication process and how it can impact on the delivery of communication
Session 3 and Session 4
Managing the performance of your people
- Understanding the value of assessing performance of your people
- Understand how to set objectives, standards and behavioural standards
- How to assess performance fairly and objectively
- How to give effective feedback and creating a culture of open feedback
- How to recognise and manage underperformance
Session 5 and Session 6
Building an effective and efficient team
- Understand how to develop and build effective working relationships
- Recognise the value of cross-functional working within an organisation
- Understand behaviours which develop and maintain trust
- Understand the role of effective communication to maximise efficiency within the team
Session 7 and Session 8
Understanding how to Motivate to Improve Performance
- Understand the factors that influence motivation levels in the workplace
- Recognise the factors that can de-motivate teams and individuals
- Understand key skills that can improve motivation and performance levels
- Recognise how engaged and dis-engaged teams and individuals impact on efficiency and profitability levels within an organisation
- Understand the role and key skills good management communication plays in the engagement process
Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Qualification
As part of this programme, there is an opportunity to achieve an ILM Level 3 Award Qualification. This will involve completing 2 assignments from the learning gained. Should you be interested we would be happy to talk through the Qualification expectations.
Should you wish to complete the ILM qualification an additional £350.00 will be charged per person. This cost covers ILM Registration, Assessment and Support fees.