Managing and Leading Change Training Course
Change is often treated as another project to be managed and completed when the plan says it is. Thinking about change as a messy, people-oriented set of challenges might be more helpful, and this workshop aims to explore the knowledge and skills key to transition management.
A series of models and concepts will be discussed, demonstrating current thinking on the subject of change. Space for personal reflection and action planning will also be created throughout the workshop.
The face to face workshop duration is 1 day, with a small amount of reflective pre-work before attending.
The online version has been adapted into 2 x 2 hour workshops, with a small amount of reflective work before attending and between the sessions.
The course will involve:
- Exploring topics through group discussions.
- Input from the tutors on concepts, models and techniques.
- Time for self-reflection and assessment.
- Sharing ideas and practising techniques in pairs and small groups.
- Recognising the central role that leadership plays in effecting change: setting direction; encouraging, assisting and enabling others to perform, and influencing the outcome.
- Understanding the need to manage flexibly and responsively within an environment of uncertainty, risk and change.
Input on managing the transition
- Exploring the three-stage process (from William Bridges): Ending, Neutral Zone and Beginning.
- Managing the expectations of ourselves and our staff in this process.
- Understanding the change transition curve.
- Understanding, anticipating and dealing with resistance (ours and others) in a constructive way.
- Strategies for building and maintaining ongoing resilience in self and others.
- Understanding and taking account of the impact of “shadow side” issues on organisational change and performance, including such aspects as organisational culture, individual differences, organisational politics and the informal organisation.
Discussions and exercises exploring our response to change
- Individual reflection on current personal response to transition.
- Recognising differences for different personality types.
An overview of some of the skills and strategies for helping staff through the change process
- Communicating about the changes effectively.
- Listening and helping people work through their concerns and issues.
- Dealing with barriers and building “coalitions of support” for change.
- Coaching and facilitating change within the team.
- Differentiating the approach to deal with different personality types.
- Actively championing and role modelling change.
- Education and training.
- Joint problem solving, collaboration and networking.
Online course details
|Duration: 2 x 2 hours||Credits: 1.7|
|Times: 9.30am - 11.30am||Member Cost: £265+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £398+VAT|
Face to face course details
|Duration: 1 Day||Credits: 2.3|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Member Cost: £350+VAT|
|Non-member Cost: £525+VAT|