Psychology of Persuasion Training Course
Whether you have to persuade someone to buy, invest, buy into, change, or do something, understanding the psychology behind how we are persuaded and why we resist is essential for an effective result. This workshop will give you an insight into the psychology of persuasion and the tools to enhance your approach.
This workshop is designed for anyone who has to persuade regularly as part of their job and are interested in gaining a greater understanding into the psychology of persuasion and enhancing their own ability to persuade effectively.
Jackie was very engaging and presented some really interesting material. I enjoyed the variety of tasks, videos, soundtracks, discussions, which made the course more appealing. She was able to encourage individuals to talk and start discussions between the group.
- Gain greater knowledge of the theories and principles of persuasion and influence
- Understand own style of persuasion, recognise the different communication preferences of others and learn how to personalise their own communications style to influence more effectively
- Understand the impact of the non-verbal aspects of our communication including: vocal patterns, facial expression, gaze, posture and gestures and practice skills to enhance their own non-verbal behaviour for positive influence
- Identify issues that may have a negative effect on the persuasion and how to plan a strategy
The workshop is highly interactive containing theory, discussions, practical exercises, and case studies. We will tailor to delegates’ needs as much as possible, whilst covering the following areas:
- Central and peripheral routes to persuasion
- Understanding the persuasion landscape
- Emotions and their influence
- Cialdini’s 6 weapons of influence
- Loss aversion
- Locus of control
- Different communication styles
- Non-verbal communication and congruence
- Point of maximum impact
- Resistance, hurdles and handling objections
|Duration: 1 Day||Credits: 1.8|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Member Cost: £270.00+VAT|
|Non-member Cost: £405.00+VAT|
*Membership from £50+VAT per annum - join now and save on training