Key representatives from companies designing and manufacturing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems as well as companies operating UAVs to provide services to their customers came together for the Qi3 and Taylor Vinters joint promotion event “The future for UAVs – strategic insights”.
Qi3 and Taylor Vinters joint promotion event focuses on 'The future for UAVs'
The event took place at the Taylor Vinters office in London on 17th July 2014.
In collaboration with the Kestrel Associates and University of Chester, this Seminar provided an overview of this rapidly evolving sector, highlighting the key challenges and opportunities as well as suggesting strategies for success.
Following an introductory talk on the key aspects of the Seminar from Peter Lee, the five speakers delivered presentations on:
- Latest developments in the regulatory and legal environment (Peter Lee, Taylor Vinters)
- Operational challenges – lessons from the military and civilian sectors (Jerry Connolly, Kestrel / Qi3)
- Technology innovation (Prof. Nicholas Avis, University of Chester)
- Future Payloads, New Markets, and Challenging Business Model Opportunities (Robin Higgons, Qi3)
- Opportunities for UAVs in The Robotics & Autonomous Systems Strategy (Phil Williams, The Knowledge Transfer Network)
The event was highly interactive, and opened opportunities for the future collaborations.
Due to a high level of interest and oversubscription, Qi3 and Taylor Vinters Joint Promotion Event “The future for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) – Strategic Insights” will be repeated in a few months’ time.
Qi3 is a specialist technology commercialisation business that provides high-tech start ups, large technology corporations, universities and government with hands-on sales, marketing and business development support. Our core expertise is in applying professional commercial disciplines to technology products and services. Our new Qi3 Accelerator offers risk investment and support to accelerate companies to first orders and rapid sales expansion.