When you proofread your document or email message before finalising it (you do, don’t you?) do you ever spot that you've used the same word over and over again? If so, do you ever struggle to find a synonym?
You might know that MS Office offers a Thesaurus, which will suggest other words with a similar meaning to the one you have selected. The Thesaurus button can be found on the Review tab.
Well, for some weird reason, this last method doesn’t work in PowerPoint, so why not learn a shortcut key that works everywhere?
1. Position your insertion point in the word that is to be looked up.
2. Press SHIFT + F7.
3. If you want, right-click one of the alternative words and select Insert.
With thanks to Jens for this week’s tip inspiration!
F7: Check the spelling of text
ALT + F7: Find the next misspelling or grammatical error
- Microsoft Word Introduction: Mon 03 Dec
- Boost PowerPoint beyond bullet points: Tue 11 Dec
- Microsoft Word Advanced: Fri 14 Dec
26 November 2018
Karen Roem offers software training and support through her company Roem Ltd. Contact her by email ( Karen@roem.co.uk) or visit her website at www.roem.co.uk