Trinity Hall is delighted to reveal the newly refurbished Leslie Stephen Room, a beautiful historic room which is among the Cambridge college's most popular spaces for meetings and special events.
Cambridge college Trinity Hall reveals sensitive refurbishment of historic meeting room
The room is named after Sir Leslie Stephen (1832-1904), alumni of Trinity Hall and leading essayist in literary criticism who was also father of writer Virginia Woolf and artist Vanessa Bell.
The sensitive refurbishment of this historic room has included adding new oak flooring and discreet acoustic ceiling panels, refreshing soft furnishings and adding attractive new furniture.
The effect has been to lighten and lift this prime events space, utilising the room’s abundance of natural light and first floor setting overlooking the College’s Front Court.
The Leslie Stephen Room now offers an even more flexible space for meetings, conferences and dinners and the room is all set for your spring and summer events.
More about Sir Leslie Stephen:
- Sir Leslie Stephen (1832-1904), after whom this room is named, studied for both his BA (1854) and MA (1857) at Trinity Hall. He went on to become a leading essayist in literary criticism and intellectual history and was the first editor of the Dictionary of National Biography. Thomas Hardy, Robert Louis Stevenson and Henry James were among those writers whom Sir Leslie encouraged as an editor.
- Sir Leslie was the father of four children including writer Virginia Woolf and artist Vanessa Bell, both of whom were members of The Bloomsbury Group, an influential group of English writers, artists, intellectuals and philosophers.
- Not only did Sir Leslie inspire his daughter Virginia’s love of literature, as a keen mountaineer, he also influenced her love of the great outdoors.
The Leslie Stephen Room is the perfect space for a meeting of minds. To arrange a viewing at Trinity Hall or to make a booking enquiry, please contact the Events Team: Tel. 01223 764444 or email@example.com
Trinity Hall is the fifth oldest College in the University of Cambridge. It was founded in 1350 by Bishop Bateman, originally for the study of canon and civil law. Enjoying stunning architecture, historic grounds and attractive riverside views, Trinity Hall is also the perfect venue for residential conferences and day meetings, as well as dinners, drinks receptions and other special events.