Taking a supervisory role is the first step into management - an exciting but often challenging move.
Managing People for the First Time [a Cambridge Network Course]
This one-day workshop covers all the essential skills that you will need to ensure that you feel confident to carry out the role effectively.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the qualities of a successful supervisor/first line manager
- Describe the key functions of a first line management role
- Understand the interpersonal skills needed to be an effective manager
- Plan and structure management of others
- Draw up SMART objectives
- Use a structured approach to problem solving
- Understand what makes an effective
- Planning work
- Developing Your Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Managing the Team
|Duration: 1 day, 4 x 1.5 hours||Credits: 1.8|
|Max. Delegates: 10||Member Cost: £280.00+VAT|
|Non-member Cost: £420.00+VAT|
I offer learning for business performance and personal growth. I help people to be positive, productive, enjoy work and stay healthy. During the 16 years that I have run my own business I have trained over 7,000 people, run numerous leadership development programmes, facilitated a wide variety of workshops and have successfully coached many more people one-to-one and in teams.
My areas of expertise and interest includes resilience & wellbeing, team & leadership development, coaching, facilitation and effective communication.
Industry experience includes - technology (IT, engineering, scientific & biotechnology), healthcare, legal, publishing and recruitment.