This 1-day Microsoft Excel 365 Beginners course is available either at your premises or at the Cambourne training venue. If you would like to book this course, please email us, and we'll let you know the available dates. As soon as a date has been fixed the training day will be booked.
Training Delivery: Live Online Instructor Led & Classroom Face to Face
Course Duration: 1 Day
Excel Classes Online - Instructor Led - All you need to know.
Live Online courses are Instructor led. This means that you will be engaging with your trainer, you will be able to see and hear them. They will also be able to see and hear you!
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Create and use Excel Formulas & Functions
- Work with Multiple Spreadsheets
- Use Formatting Tools to Enhance the look of your Spreadsheet
- Gain Control over Printing your Spreadsheet
What are the Benefits?
- Hands on training
- Live Online or Face to Face Classroom Instructor Led
- Comprehensive online courseware for delegates to keep
- E-certificate of completion for each delegate
- 1 Month post training support
Course Outline - Microsoft Excel Beginners
Find your way around Excel 365
- Working out the new spreadsheet interface
- Using Shortcuts in Excel (Best Practices)
- Create and Save a Basic Workbook
- Pinning often used files
- Searching for Files
- Quick Access Toolbar - (No more searching for buttons)
- Entering Cell Data
- Tips on Speeding up Data Entry in a Spreadsheet
- Using Excel Help - Accessing Free Video Tutorials
- Consistent Data Typing
- Using the different zoom options
Learn how to Modify Worksheets in Microsoft Excel
- Inserting, Deleting and Adjusting Cells, Columns, and Rows (Inc Shortcuts)
- Finding and Replacing Data
- Using Smart Lookup
- How to use Version History to Undo Mistakes?
- Using Spellcheck
- Adding, Renaming and Deleting Worksheets
Emphasising Spreadsheets by using Formatting
- See how to adjust the Font and Alignment
- Dealing with different currency formats & percentages
- Get the hang of date formats
- Gridlines, Borders and Background colours
- Learn how to change the colour of a cell based on value
- Gain consistency by using Styles in Excel 2019
How to Enter Calculations in Excel
- Learn how to enter basic arithmetic in Microsoft Excel (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division)
- Find out how to apply operator preference by using brackets in your formulas
- See how to copy down formulas by using AutoFill
- Discover how to use Absolute References ($) thereby opening up formula flexibility
- Explore the use of Functions in formulas, making everyday tasks easier
- Learn how to avoid common errors in Formulas?
- Reusing Formulas and Functions
- Create summary pages by calculating between worksheets
- Handling Common Errors (#NAME? | #N/A | #DIV)
Get to Grips with Printing in Excel
- Discovering 2 new views to help you in printing your Excel files
- Learn how to set a print area
- Get the hang of fitting data onto a page
- See how to configure headers and footers
- Find out how to add page numbers
Everyday tips in working with Excel
- View multiple spreadsheets
- Freeze Panes - Keeping the headers at the top
- How using Split view can help?
- Learn how Synchronous Scrolling can help
- Find out how to use Custom Views
- Adding Custom Views to the Quick Access Toolbar
How do I Book?
Simply send us an email and we will be happy to help.
If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.
For a taster why not check out our Excel Bitesized Online Training Videos