Join us on Wednesday 1st July 2020 for this hour-long webinar and learn about the Intercultural Communication in the Workplace with intercultural coach and trainer Eva Tarabichi.
ONLINE EVENT: Intercultural Communication in the Workplace
90% of corporate employees are currently working globally, in at least one virtual global team. However, only 18% of globally working teams meet their intended goals. The cost of this inefficiency is tremendous for the employing entities and can to a large part be attributed to a lack of knowledge and skill in intercultural communication. It is assumed that intercultural communication can simply be learned on the job.
However, research has shown that the cost of the inability to handle intercultural encounters successfully is 11.000 £ per year and per employee, in the UK. A loss that can easily be avoided through training. This webinar gives participants a solid basis to understand the most important intercultural differences in business communication. It then takes this knowledge further and explores how to deal with these differences and become a truly skilled intercultural communicator.
What you will learn:
- Getting to know the key differences in the 4 main communication patterns around the world. .
- Raising intercultural awareness and gaining flexibility so participants can adapt their communication style according to their interlocutors.
- Understanding the need to become more flexible and able to adapt communication style
How you will benefit:
- Get an overview of the power of successful intercultural communication that happens within in the workplace.
- Understand what is a good communication style in increasing globalised work environments.
- What differences in communication styles causes challenges and misunderstandings and how to avoid them
Who should attend?
International professionals: e.g. members/managers of teams with multiple nationalities; members/managers of virtually working global teams; HR managers with international staff; international project leaders; professionals working with international client
How to book
The event will take place on Wednesday 1st July at 12-1pm. Places are limited so hit ‘RSVP’ to register today and avoid disappointment.
Individual and Enterprise members: Free to attend and included in your membership.
Non-members and Digital subscribers: £10 + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as a member to:
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion.
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home.
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures.
- Expand your network by creating new relationships.
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills.
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Develop your presenting and networking skills in a safe and supportive environment.
About Speaker Eva Tarabichi: Trainer and coach for international professionals, teams, expats, expat spouses and global nomads.
ICF ACC-certified, she delivers out-of-the-box global minded multilingual and multicultural thinking. She deeply cares about her clients: “I want you to be the best version of yourself WHEREVER in the world you may be”.
She choses to specialise in intercultural and expat training and coaching because she has been an expat for half of her life: as a school child, university student, professional in multinationals, expat spouse, expat mother and entrepreneur.
She has a big passion for this life style and understand it’s vast opportunities but also the multitude of challenges expats and international staff may face.
Eva holds university degrees in Sinology (Mandarin and Modern China Studies) as well as EU politics and administration. During her studies she already specialised in intercultural communication.
Before becoming a trainer and coach, she worked in international law firms and business associations in the sector of EU political interest representation.
This background gave her a thorough understanding of the experiences her clients make in their everyday work life, as well as the theoretical background to address intercultural situations effectively. She loves training or coaching clients who are working on international projects or multinational teams: deepening their intercultural skills and witnessing how this makes them more productive, happier and better engaged with their teams!
About the Rising Network: The Rising Network is a community of over 600 women. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers. We use the power of community to connect, inspire and empower women to reach their true potential, create meaningful change and achieve balance in all areas of life. We hold face to face and online events throughout the year, visit our events calendar for more information. Rise with us – join us and be part of one of the UK’s fastest growing women’s networks. #RiseTribe
A vibrant network empowering women to reach their true potential. We do this by creating a supportive learning environment online and at face to face events where tools, strategies and techniques can be learnt, enabling women to advance both professionally and personally. For more information and to join us visit www.therisingnetwork.com