This course is highly recommended for existing users of MS Word, who need to be able to create more complex documents.
Roem Ltd Software Training and Support: Microsoft Word - Advanced (Affordable, guaranteed to run and fun!)
Microsoft® Word® Advanced - course outline
Microsoft Word is a widely used and powerful word-processing package. The primary objective of this one-day Advanced course is to broaden your knowledge of Word and to appreciate the full potential of Word. You will be encouraged to discuss your individual requirements relevant to your work. By the end of the course you will be competent with the following skills:
Advanced editing and formatting techniques
- controlling page breaks in a document, sorting lists and tables
- creating new paragraph and character styles
- creating new list and table styles, adding a watermark to a document
- summarizing document content
Working with tables
- producing calculations in a Word table
- merging and splitting table cells/entering vertical text into a table cell
- creating a table by linking or embedding a Microsoft Office Excel worksheet
Working with pictures and charts
- modifying a picture, wrapping text around a picture
- creating a chart by importing Microsoft Office Excel data
Working with multiple-page documents
- creating a table of contents, creating an index
- navigating through a multiple-page document
- creating footnotes and endnotes, creating cross-references
- creating a table of figures, creating a table of authorities
Performing mail merge
- the mail merge feature, initiating a mail merge
- creating a data source, creating a main document
- merging a main document and a data source
- printing mailing labels, using an external data source
Creating a Word form
- Word forms, creating a form template
- adding form fields to a form, protecting a form
Creating web pages
- creating a web page in Word, adding a background to a web page
- applying a theme to a web page
- modifying the display of tracked changes, creating a custom dictionary
- resetting the default storage location for templates
- resetting the default font
- what is a macro?, recording a macro
- running a macro, saving a macro
- displaying and editing macro instructions
- adding macros to the QuickAccess toolbar, reviewing macro security options
Additional Advanced Word features
- attaching a digital signature to a document
- password-protecting a document
- setting formatting and editing restrictions in a document
- working with a master document and subdocuments
- additional master document/subdocument operations
- finalizing a document
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
Anyone wishing to investigate the more powerful and advanced features of Word.
Delegates should be familiar with the basic features of Word, and should have some experience of the topics covered in our Introduction and Intermediate Courses, either from attending these courses or by knowledge gained from their own experience.
Price: £197 (+VAT)
(10% discount for Cambridge Network members)
The price includes a handout packed with exercise files for you to work through and take away, as well as one month post course advice.
The maximum class size is four, providing computer training in a friendly, non-threatening atmosphere. You will be led through each topic and there will be plenty of opportunity for hands-on exercises, questions and individual support.
Once your booking is confirmed, the course is guaranteed to run.
About Roem Limited
Karen Roem founded Roem Limited in 2001, aiming to bring innovation and imagination into an area that can often be perceived as dry. As the many course participants who have benefited from Roem training since then can testify, she has succeeded. The company is now a highly respected independent provider of one-to-one and group training courses for Microsoft Office and Windows. (The Institute of IT Training - now known as the Learning and Performance Institute - has "commended ... the excellent work that Roem Ltd is carrying out".)
Independent, innovative software training company based in Cambridge. Registered supplier to local companies such as AstraZeneca, University of Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire District Council and NHS England.