The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies which will form the foundation of future products.
You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Graphics team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading Mali™ Graphics products. The Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU.
You will need to have architecture and hardware/software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to be a technical lead where your ideas will make a difference and enable you to make your mark delivering industry leading GPU IP.
Your job role will be at the core of GPU architecture defining the hardware to software interface for the Mali™ GPU. You will be taking features from graphics APIs and understanding how they map onto the existing architecture, proposing how we can evolve the architecture, and defining new GPU architecture features taking into account the current state of GPU hardware and software.
Required skills & experience:
- Ability to write clear and unambiguous specifications
- Track record of working with other experts in the field to come up with solutions to problems
- Experience of the interface between hardware and software
- Experience of graphics programming or GPU hardware
- A strong programming ability: C, C++, scripting
- Good knowledge of graphics and computer API’s (OpenGL, OpenCL, DX, etc.).
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results focused.
Nice to have skills & experience:
- A repeated experience of driving architecture development.
- Background in machine readable specifications
- Experience of continuous integration methodolgies
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs, healthcare and wellness support. As well as other benefits such as a supplementary pension, and 25 days annual leave (with option to buy an additional 5 days per year). There's even an on-site gym and social events organised within the company!
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.