Do you want to craft the next generation of smartphone and tablet solutions, extracting the maximum performance and power efficiency from the latest process and packaging technologies? In the Central Technology Group, we have a diverse set of engineers covering all aspects of SoC system architecture.
You have the chance to create high-impact changes daily by solving challenging technical problems in next generation hand-held devices! You will tackle challenging development work to help kickstart projects, run sophisticated proof-of-concepts, and be a technical leader from the front.
- Engage with engineering leadership and product planning teams to develop technology roadmap.
- Translate technology requirements into platform architecture, encompassing hardware, software, tools and other components.
- Work proactively across Arm’s architecture and core technology teams to ensure a roadmap of architecture platforms and technology feature development supporting the needs of smartphones and large-screen compute SoCs.
- Evaluate architecture proposals, internal and external IP features and provide influential and inspirational leadership across hardware, software, and platform groups to align all parties to a common vision of architecture & technology development.
- Represent Arm with high technical credibility in customer meetings, appropriately incorporating feedback.
- Build high level architecture specifications as required to enable engineering teams to design and verify platforms addressing Client market segments including smartphones, large-screen compute and embedded/home devices.
- Design experiments and analyses to answer architectural questions, and invent, develop, or drive the development of simulators, models, profilers, and other methods and tools as vital to implement the analyses.
- Communicate results and technical concepts clearly and credibly across audiences ranging from individual hardware or software development engineers to architecture community peers, and business leadership.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record in smartphone/tablet SoC Architecture or related work experience
- Deep technical background and credibility
- Proven track record to drive progress in an ambiguous environment
- Collaborative and influential across organisations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple teams
Nice to have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in EE/ECE/CE/CS or related field required; MS or PhD highly desired
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the generation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies. Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip containing our intellectual property. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers, and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.